Friday, June 15, 2007

The Road to Napa is Paved with Good Intentions

Beringer Vineyards


When your career and your passions intersect, there are many benefits. For one thing, you can combine business with pleasure for multi-purpose travel. (While some may look at this as a drawback, I look at it as an excuse to travel more, for business purposes, of course.) I visited Napa Valley last weekend. It was beautiful- more so than I expected, and the vineyards, wineries and landscape were breathtaking. I spent most of my free time eating (always good), and accomplished very little otherwise. I had grandiose plans to buy lovely trinkets for everyone at home, visit every winery on my list, go to the museums in St. Helena, the parks, all of the big restaurants, and the significant stores (like Dean and Deluca). Unfortunately, I only had three days in which to achieve these goals, in addition to the other things I still needed to do. However, I did manage to eat at a few good restaurants, visit a winery or two, and collect tiny souvenirs for friends. I brought back pictures, lavender from COPIA, menus, brochures, and lots of ideas. The good news is that I'll be back soon, and hopefully this time I'll do better at checking things off the To Do list.

-Josie

No comments: