Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Lesson of the Day


I have the good fortune of truly loving my job. Everyday, I look forward to going to work. When I'm not at work, I'm thinking about work. Food and writing are my passions- I’m so lucky that they are united in my daily projects. One of the best things about being at In Good Taste is the wealth of information that I’m surrounded by. Foodies are known for their interesting trivia collections, and my wonderful coworkers are no exception. I learn something new everyday. Yesterday for example, we were reflecting on the delicious morel mushrooms that we found in the Farmer’s Market over the weekend. I commented that they were uniquely beautiful. Cheryl pointed out that explained that there are “false morels,” that are lighter in color, with a grayish tint and a less intense flavor. In fact, some of the false morels even cause allergic reactions in some individuals. I had no idea there was such a thing! I can’t wait to see what I learn tomorrow.
-Josie

No comments: