Sunday, April 29, 2007

Comfort me with.....

Even if spring is here and the flowers are blooming, the sniffles still linger. For those days when you’re feeling slightly under the weather, comfort food is on the menu. I think that soft white foods in general are soothing. For me, the foods of my childhood are mashed potatoes, preferably served in a conical mound with a pat of butter oozing down the sides like lava from a volcano. Or really fluffy buttermilk biscuits and lots of good jam and honey. Our staff members wanted to share some of their favorite comfort foods. I’m hungry just writing this…..
-Josie

Pam- “Ice cream. Any flavor.”
Melanie- “Cinnamon toast and hot cocoa.”
Joseph- “A grilled roast beef sandwich with sautéed mushrooms and provolone.”
Jen- “ Saang paneer.” (Indian cheese)
Barbara- “Bread pudding” - pictured above
Ryan- “Chocolate mousse”
Maya– “Sushi”

No comments: