Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tomatoes on the Brain

I guess I've got tomatoes on the brain. (It is the season for it!). I'm not the only one, however. Yesterday, I had the pleasure of enjoying lots of tomatoes with other Tomato Fans at the Farmington Gardens tomato festival. There were samples of dozens of types of heirloom tomatoes, lectures on how to cook with tomatoes, and how to grow the best varieties there are. Red Ridge Farms did an olive oil tasting as well.

Even after all of these tomato festivals and recipes and tastings, I'm still not tired of the red gems. If, like me, you're still tempted by tomatoes, you can't miss Dan Brophy's Totally Tomato Dinner. In this class, you’ll taste twelve plus varieties of locally grown tomatoes - picked at the peak of ripeness. The menu features delicacies such as cherry tomatoes stuffed with crab salad, Heirloom tomato salad with fresh mozzarella and lettuce leaf basil, Seabass Vera Cruz with tomatoes, capers and bell peppers, and a mysterious (but delicious) Chocolate tomato cake. See you there!
-Josie

No comments: