Friday, August 31, 2007

"From Earth to Table" with John Ash

John Ash was one of Food and Wine Magazines “hottest new chefs” in 1985. Since then, he founded a restaurant, John Ash and Company, was the culinary director for Fetzer Vineyards, and teaches wine classes at CIA Greystone (my school!). Although I haven’t had the pleasure of taking a wine class from him yet (we don’t do wine until November), I did have the opportunity to go to his restaurant for lunch and tour the store in Santa Rosa. It was a lovely afternoon, filled with delicious food and wine (amazing California cuisine- Thai style mussels, a perfectly crisp crostini, glazed salmon…. We enjoyed ourselves).

The good news is that John Ash will be a guest chef at In Good Taste on Saturday, September 29 at 6:30 pm. He’ll be demonstrating recipes from his book that showcase his creative California cuisine. While I was at the restaurant, I mentioned that I had first discovered Chef Ash at In Good Taste. The hostess knew exactly what I was talking about, and I was so proud to say that I was a part of the wonderful community that makes up the store and cooking school. :-) It almost made me feel at home.

Don’t miss the opportunity to meet John Ash and learn about his food, company and cooking style. It will be an evening to savor!
- Josie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a huge fan of John Ash's approach to cooking, and his food itself. When a friend's (he was a Fetzer executive) wife had a big birthday, we were very forunate in having John and crew cook for 12 people at my house. It is still one of our most memorable meals, and I use my (signed!) copy of "From Earth to Table" quite often.