Monday, September 17, 2007

Another connection to home- Wine and Food with Chef John Ash

As much as I've loved my culinary classes, and all the cooking we've done, the 9 week introduction is over after exams. (The week looms in front of me…. Report on that to follow shortly). Beginning on Monday, we will be in Wine Studies, which is the initial reason I wanted to come to Greystone. The class will be an intensive course on all things related to wine, including food and wine pairings. The curriculum for the class was designed in part by John Ash, who was a favorite faculty member in the wine studies program here at Greystone in the 1990s. Chef Ash has an extensive background in food, wine, and California cuisine, and has left a legacy around the valley. I regret that I won't get to take a class from him myself, but I expect a full report on the wonderful class he will teach at In Good Taste on September 29. I wish I could be there! Luckily, I'll be following a similar class at the origin of those delicious recipes here in Napa.

Don't miss this opportunity to "travel" to Napa !


-Josie

No comments: